Thursday, January 26, 2006

Don't wanna say I told you so but....


FCUK SIRIUS!

Being a non-Howard Stern supporter, I have to say I told you so. While I may not have said it right here in flashing lights on Fmode (since i'm a shitty blogger and dammit I'm trying to change!) I've been saying since I heard that Stern was moving to satelite radio that it wasn't going to work and it was going to end badly.

I think Sirius has tied way too much effing stock into one guy and their success/failure is mainly around one guy who has absolutly no character, has even less talent and is basically an over the hill bachelor who is creepily on the verge of becoming a dirty old man. I just thought when I saw how much Sirius has invested in one guy it would end badly, kind of like the Pittsburgh Pirates signing ARod to a 175 million contract, it ain't going to freaking work.

Sirius radio's veritable Golden Goose has got to be developing a stress-induced bald spot when he got the news that Sirius is in the process of putting togther a set of rules that actually describe what words he can or can't say on air, what he can discuss and what he can expose.

Why would Sirius do this? Well, when they inked Stern to a big contract years/months back there was no threat of gubament regulations on satelite radio and they figured he could come into the studio and drop F-bombs and all the truck drivers and jackasses that actually enjoy Howard Stern would say "This is awesome! He can say Fuck on the radio! Give me another chew!"

Sorry Sirius, the government is currently developing similar FCC regulations for satelite radio broadcasts that I just don't feel like researching to explain (you can find more about it here). How this affects Stern remains to be seen but his free-for-all has ended as quickly as it began.

I enjoy his E! show as much as the next guy, mainly for the women made to take off thier clothes and jiggle around but even that is pay-per-view on-demand on cable now.

So what it comes down to is "I told you so, I was right, this will end badly" was prophetic advice. Thanks, props to Teebee.

THANK YOU NEW YORK! Yes I am a Tool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home