Friday, November 04, 2005

Guess who's back, back again

Tanned, 10 lbs lighter and loving life outside of the tunnels of hell in New York City, I decided to actually post here on the ole' FMode site. Just random stuff, so bear with me.

Point #1: Arizona and the West far exceeds the East. Sure, 80% of civilization lives on the East coast, most of the money in the country is there but I tell ya what, 75% of civilization is compiled of complete morons. I haven't been yelled at by one Russian Jew in the past 4 weeks and damn, that is an improvement.

Point #2: Covering the Arizona Fall League, I've come to the realization that either the MLB clubs involved in the league sent no good arms or there just aren't any good young pitching prospects on the face of the earth. Also, I've realized that hitters develop 10 times faster than pitchers, assuming there are still some good arms existing.

Point #3: Its impossible to follow either the NFL or NCAA Football while living in a house with both your parents for the first time in 10 years. I can't remember the last time I woke up on a Saturday or Sunday, said to myself "Self, be a lazy sack today and do nothing but eat gluttonous meats and cheeses".

Nope, most of my time has been spent being woken up by my quickly aging father at 4:30 am. Woken up by a popping of a Diet Coke can or a Bissel carpet cleaner. Apparently, whence you reach the age of 55 you can wake up any time of the morning with pure disregard for anyone else sleeping and clean carpets in our around the entrance of their bedroom.

Needless to say, i'm an ungrateful bastard for complaining when my parents let me shack up in their house for free for 6 weeks, but I have to complain about something, i'm a pseudo-newyorker now. To get back at him, I upgraded his cable package to include NFL Network, NBA TV and yes, the oh so necessary BullRiding SharkHunt channel Outdoor Life Network. Seriously, I think I'll watch more TLC in the next month than OLN but hey, if sports are on I have to have the channel.

Point #4: This years class of rookies has been way underrated. Between Chris Paul, Andrew Bogut, Deron Williams and the rest of the high picks, they are all playing like they belong. Good to see especially since the Jazz sucked a big wang last year without a decent PG. I'll try and put together a better-late-than-never NBA preview here in the next week.

Point #5: I don't know who I would be less upset to hear that their dead carcass has been found in a dumpster: Mike Irvin or Terrell Owens. I really, seriously don't understand how the question "Would the Eagles be better off with Brett Favre at QB" ever came into existence. I mean, how the hell does this even come about in a production meeting. Who raises their chubby fingers, says "Let's make up a fake scenario involving a cultish iconic Midwestern quarterback who will have statues in front of Lambeau Field and see if he's better than other quarterbacks on their respective teams".

Just doesn't make much sense, I blame fantasy sports, aren't the games enough instead of trying to make up shit for people to speculate. Whining about not celebrating his 100th TD? Well, when you poop on someones doorstep every morning, do you expect them to celebrate the morning you break your Cal Ripken Poopstreak?

No. Also, no need to explain my hatred for Irvin, just watching him spit and splatter and giggle and do his Arsenio Hall impression on NFL Primetime, man, ESPN is a piece of crap.

Point #...wtf.....I TOLD YOU TURN OFF YOUR BLEEPIN CELL PHONE YOU PEAR SHAPED LOSERS!! THIS BLOG IS OVER! HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR YOUR PEERS IF NOT FOR ME!

Before I leave with my typical trail of T&A, take this stone cold guarantee to the bank: The Eagles not only will make the playoffs, they will win the NFC East.

Peace out, I shall return and Praise Xenu and Skinemax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home