Friday, October 21, 2005

Week 8 - My record isn't THAT bad

Some of you have been claiming that I suck at making picks. While I'm no Bruce Feldman, I do alright. I have my traditional Franchise Mode pick section that you read every week, and Biron and I recently started a side wager on the lines listed at College Football News.

Thus far on my FM picks, I'm 22-16. This isn't terrible, but my insisting on picking against Georgia every week and picking for Vandy has cost me a ton of games. Throw out Ohio State, Georgia, and Vandy, and I'm sitting at 31-7. Now these aren't cheesy picks becuase most games featured in my weekly picks are the biggest games of the week. So for those who claim I suck (cajunirl), you can kiss my ass.

As for Biron and my side wagering, the rules were as follows. Each person must choose a team to cover the spread in every game listed on the above website. 100 "man points" are allotted to both Biron and I to disperse on each game, thus weighting games to create more pressure for the rankings. No more than 10 points could be wagered for any one game. After one week, the results were as follows.



As you can cleary see, I was 10-7 against the spread and finished with 132 "man points." Biron, when not talking trash about how much I suck at picking games, went 8-9 against the spread, and finished down 2 with 98 "man points." So this week, we carry over our man points and try to see who can cut it. Frankly, I think if I pull off another big week, he'll never recover. Oh, and for those of you who have never taken finance, I have an annual percentage rate of 11,680% on my return of investment. Try to get that from your 401k!

Week 8 picks
Texas 49 vs Texas Tech 21
Hard to pass all over the field with Rodrique Wright in your face.

LSU 28 vs Auburn 17
Who have the Tigers played?

USC 52 vs Washington 3
Statement game. They have to win BIG with Texas playing Tech.

Ohio State 31 vs Indiana 24
James Hardy is best WR in Big Ten. Including Holmes and Ginn.

Tennessee 9 vs Alabama 4
Where are the SEC offenses? Up north in Big Ten country!

Northwestern 63 vs MSU 61 (OT)
Anyone wanna play D? Anyone? Sutton's gonna kill OSU...

1 Comments:

  • Hey now, I never said I was a stud at picking against the spread. If I was worth a shit, I'd be doing a lot more with that ability then posting in a blog about video games - I'd be one of those motherfuckin banners that pops up on your shit every time you load up Windows XP.

    You gotta hand it to me though, those 3 games I I requested a guess on were worth their weight on the week. Despite me picking against what I told you would happen, I at least gotta earn some street cred on those.

    By Blogger bironm, at 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home