Friday, October 28, 2005

Week 9 - "My Alphabits are saying Oooooo"

After last weeks stellar performance of 5-1, my FM pick record now sits at 27-17. I was sad to see Tennessee get jobbed on that call which would have pushed me to 6-0, but hey...you can't win 'em all.

As for the Man points wager Biron and I have going...well, it wasn't that good for either of us. I'm still sitting on the positive side of the fence after dropping 17 points to leave me with 115. Biron really took it badly hemmorrhaging 20 points down to 78. Now Biron will bitch about the man points because he's getting his ass kicked, but just so all of you know, as bad as he is with numbers, he's better at picking games. He had a slightly better record picking the teams, he just couldn't align his points. I went 6-10-1 ATS, and Biron went 7-9-1, where the 1 is for push. So after two weeks, I have a record of 16-17-1 ats, and Biron is 15-18-1.

But for the purposes of my own personal pleasure mixed with a little Schadenfreude towards Biron I plan on reporting the man points. It should be noted that this weeks games have some screwed up lines (Texas Tech by -10.5?!?!?!) but I plan on exerting my gambling dominance regardless.

Week 9 picks
Texas 42 vs Oklahoma State 13
It's sad that a team gets WORSE after Les Miles leaves.

Georgia 21 vs Florida 20
The great cocktail party. I've been there. It's really just the great Tail party. There is more ass there than the Tomato Festival in Rio. Good God does the south have some hot ass women....um...right! The game! well, I don't like Georgia, and I think Urban Meyer is a big baby. Shockley is hurt, but Chris Leak is a square peg in Urbans round hole. *snicker*

Northwestern 54 vs Michigan 48
Tyrell Sutton is from Ohio and knows how important it is to beat Michigan. Brett Basenez is the most effecient qb in the Big Ten. Michigan's Mario Manningham is from Ohio and is a giant traitor. Rot in Hell Michigan!

Ohio State 35 vs Minnesota 21
Best rushing offense versus best rushing defense. Won't matter. Brian Cupito is hurting and Malcolm Jenkins will make 2 INTs in this game.

South Carolina 21 vs Tennessee 17
Spurrier: "You can't spell Citrus without UT." Riggs is hurt, their best QB is on the bench, and they have one of the toughest schedules in the country.

Purdue 27 vs Penn State 24
My upset pick of the week. Tiller lights a fire under his team and pulls the upset. Michael Robinson has gotten much better, but I am just feeling Purdue has the big W in them.

USC 49 vs Wazzu 39
Wazzu has the "best" running back (by yards only) and a dominating receiver. Yawn. Doesn't matter against USC.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home