Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Pared's MVP '05 sliders

I've been dabbling back in MVP '05 for the last 2 nights, all in a grand attempt to rid myself of my murderous rage from excessive God of War. I didn't necessarily need a break from it, but I've really been jonesing for some baseball since the Reds decided to break that 9-game losing skid. Now don't get me wrong, blowing the 5-1 deficit against the Padres in game #1 of the series pissed me right the hell off, but winning last night made it all worth while again. Hey, game #3 tonight - and that's worth bragging rights with Teebee at least until our next west coast trip.

Anyway, I went to Operation Sports to get a slider fix being as I haven't seen any on MM or MVPMania, and I found 2 familiar slider-gurus with long threads posted in Jistic and Pared. I decided to try out Pared's first (Jistic had a totally offensive set for NCAA Football '05 and that just rubbed me wrong), and my results have ended up reminding me why I play sports games - they're great. I did a 3-game homestand against the Nationals, a 3-game series in Houston and I've played 1 game at Wrigley so far. Here's the Washington results if you're interested:

Game #1
WAS - 3 - 6 - 0
CIN - 4 - 11- 3

Washington Notes:
J. Guillen - 1-5, 2 RBI
2B - B. Wilkerson, V. Castilla
HR - J. Guillen
SB - E. Chavez
CS - T. Sledge

Livan Hernandez - 6 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 7 K

Cincinnati Notes:
K. Griffey - 3-5, 3 R, 3 RBI
A. Dunn - 2-5
2B - A. Kearns
HR - K. Griffey (2)
E - F. Lopez, J. Randa, W. Pena
CS - D. Jimenez

E. Milton - 7 IP, 3 H, 3 R (1 ER), 1 BB, 1 K

  • Milton pitched great for me, but I gave up 2 early runs as a result of getting used to the -50 User Pitch Control. I like the setting, but you're left with a sliver of green to get maximum effectiveness, and starting out it was really difficult.

  • I should've had only 2 errors this game, as Pena just bobbled a ground ball in RF and was charged with an error despite no runners advancing.

  • I picked Sledge off of first base with Ben Weber - he was just daydreaming or something.
Game #2
WAS - 3 - 8 - 0
CIN - 5 - 9 - 0

Washington Notes:
N. Johnson - 2-4, RBI
2B - V. Castilla, N. Johnson, T. Armas Jr.
HR - B. Wilkerson, J. Vidro
SB - C. Guzman

T. Armas Jr. - 4 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 BB, 1 K

Cincinnati Notes:
S. Casey - 2-3, R, 3 RBI
J. LaRue - 2-4
2B - K. Griffey, S. Casey (2), P. Wilson
CS - F. Lopez

P. Wilson - 6 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 7 K

  • I managed to rock Armas on the mound, and he went thru a stretch in the 3rd inning where he couldn't buy a strike. I was hoping at that point it wasn't a continuing trait of these sliders, and after completing 7 games now I can tell you it was purely coincidental.

  • Still can't buy a stolen base, then again I'm playing with the Reds and the only threat I have is Ryan Freel, who I really only start against left-handers.
Game #3
WAS - 9 - 16 - 1
CIN - 3 - 8 - 1

Washington Notes:
B. Wilkerson - 3-5, 3 R, 2 RBI
2B - J. Guillen, E. Chavez
HR - B. Wilkerson, J. Vidro, V. Castilla
E - J. Vidro
CS - C. Guzman

Z. Day - 7.1 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 5 K

Cincinnati Notes:
K. Griffey - 2-4, R
HR - A. Kearns
E - S. Casey
CS - F. Lopez, R. Freel

A. Harang - 5 IP, 9 H, 5 R, 7 K

  • I just got flat out freakin' whipped in this game. I couldn't buy an out with reliever Ben Weber (hey, I like his wind-up), I think the 6th inning just went on forever.

  • Griffey is just tearing it up - hopefully when hell freezes over and Teebee sends me my rosters I can start my dynasty and see what he can do from there.
I'm out, round #2 of the Ohio Division 1 high school baseball tournament tonight. Win we play Friday - lose and we're done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home