Tuesday, September 27, 2005

NBA Live 2006 sliders

Another year has passed in my life, which means more gray hair, another inch on my nutsac and another version of NBA Live.

We've already run down the top 25 players in Live, now we are going to have to actually play the game.

One complaint I read about is "ice-skating" players, i just don't understand this to be honest. I've played every NBA game from Jordan vs Bird to 2k, players run on the screen the same way in every game, ice-skating doesn't make much sense to me.

I'll have the game possibly later tonight, I'm trading in my xbox and old broken down PS2 as a credit toward the new xbox360, which I'll have when I get back from my eight-week business trip, sometime around December 3rd. Only thing I'm worried about, the Xbox version is in 720p which would be amazing, oh well, I have 3 days to trade my stuff in so I'm just going with the PS2. No way I'm hauling an xbox around for 8 weeks.

I'll post some impressions later this week, but for those of you that may have the game, guy named "Court_vision" on operation sports has these early sliders for you to give a whirl:
GLOBAL:

Game Speed: 36
Free Throw Difficulty: 65
Boundary Force Field: 60
Injury Frequency: 50
Fatigue Effect: 50
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 55
Shooting Foul Frequency: 25
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 12
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 75

USER:

User Steal Ability: 30
User Interception Ability: 34
User Shot Block Ability: 20
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 0
User Freestyle Effectiveness: 45
User Dunk vs. Lay-up Frequency: 40
User Substitution Frequency: 0 (50 for Auto-Subs)
User On-ball Defense Assist: 42
User Offensive Rebounding: 20
User Defensive Rebounding: 80
User Fakeout Discipline: 100
User Short Range Shooting: 50
User Medium Range Shooting: 50
User Long Range Shooting: 50
User Dunk Percentage: 50
User Lay-up Percentage: 50
User Adjusted Shot Percentage: 50
User On-ball Defense: 50
User Poor Release Shot Percent: 50
User Double-team Effectiveness: 50
User Pro Hop Effectiveness: 30
User Drop Step Effectiveness: 50

CPU:

CPU Steal Ability: 34
CPU Interception Ability: 10
CPU Shot Block Ability: 20
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 0
CPU Freestyle Effectiveness: 40
CPU Dunk Frequency: 40
CPU Substitution Frequency: 50
CPU Offensive Rebounding: 20
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 80
CPU Fakeout Discipline: 50
CPU Short Range Shooting: 50
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 50
CPU Long Range Shooting: 50
CPU Dunk Percentage: 50
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 50
CPU Adjusted Shot Percentage: 50
CPU Adjusted Shot Frequency: 50
CPU On-ball Physical Defense: 33
CPU Poor Release Shot Percent: 50
CPU Double-team Effectiveness: 50
CPU Pro Hop Effectiveness: 50
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness: 50

If I were you, I would turn blocks to 0, on ball physical defense to 0 and go from there, makes it a perfect game, at least it did last year.

Post some comments if you want about the sliders, we'll see if we can't get some Franchise Mode universal sliders for the game.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home