Friday, September 30, 2005

Some happenings...

Haven't been around much this week other than to comment on everyone else's shit, for oh has it been a busy one. First off, I'm sick - so take about 4 hours a day away from me and that leaves my world all screwed up, and virtually everything I'm doing at the given time undone. I mean seriously, where do I fit vids into that kind of a time frame?

First off, I finally created my own NCAA league. Ya ya, it only took me 3 online years to do it, but it's exactly what I want. 10 ballers, all habitual NCAA players and good league guys - should be pretty successful. I always said I'd do a league on my own terms, well, I force-fed myself some terms because DaONE's not playing another season in '06. I modeled my league as far as stat recording and a lot of smaller things from Mad Scientist's league, and it's still going great in it's 5th season - so I'm looking forward to a good run.

Blitzburgh, who you may remember from such past articles as my piece on his website featuring NCAA/Madden covers (complete with gay-Swade Boitano pic), has done a bit of artwork for the site after showing his creative ass in a thread in the league forums just a few days ago. The banner above is what flies above the league forums, and the ball below this paragraph is the logo that flies on the Leagedaddy site.

On the Blitzburgh tip in fact, we've come to an arrangement to where I can upload my cover-work to his site to be available for download. Blitz does some great stuff - but let's face it, he's a Steelers fan...and the Bengals are the wave of the future. I'll have Chad & Co. up and running pretty soon, as well as all of the covers I've done over the past 3 years as I find them...all the way from my first cover, which happens to be the sickle-cell lookin' bastard below...

But ya, should be everything from Madden, NCAA, MVP - hell I dunno, lots of stuff. My style is more to not cut out silhouettes, rather to leave the backgrounds included - gives the cover more life in my opinion.

EA Sports is going thru it's first week of the Pontiac High Performance Leaderboard Challenge that I spoke about a week ago or so in an earlier post. This week is the Michigan vs Michigan State rivalry game, and to gain recognition on the boards you must play a Michigan/Michigan State game in the Pontiac Challenge game room online. Well, at the request of a contact at EA, Swade and I played a game last night to test whether or not the leaderboards were working correctly. We played a close game (statistically!), and upon checking the leaderboard - it had us both sharing the same statistics with the exception of me getting the W and him getting the L...but it gave me 2 wins, and him 2 losses. What else was funny was that it took my 2 passing TD's and doubled them to 4, and my 5 sacks doubled to 10...and were awarded to both of us. Weird stuff...

2 Comments:

  • P.S. Cajun wears hurricane perfume.

    By Blogger bironm, at 1:21 AM  

  • Yes!

    And it's a damn good thing I'm not playing with the Miami Hurricanes!

    By Blogger bironm, at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home