Sunday, November 06, 2005

NCAA Dynasty: Season #2

I'm battling through a serious bout of NCAA Football Depression (NFD), as over the last 2 weeks I've found it difficult to place my finger over the power switch to turn it on. For 3 years now I've been known as one of the better online players on the 'net, but in my current season of "Fight Club", I'm staring at a 1-5 record despite being the highest scoring team in the game - I mean, I just can't catch a fuckin' break. During this phase of being able to not do anything right, dynasty mode has helped curb my appetite in the right direction - and as of last night, I may just not quit this one for a little while yet.

With a single game to go in order to finish my second season, my Buckeyes sat at 10-0 after a trouncing of Michigan in a revenge game from last year. During my first season I struggled on and off throughout the year in search of offense and occasionally defense during my 8-3 campaign, but this season I was really able to put it together despite losing 7 starters on defense (FS Nate Salley, SS Tyler Everett, LB's A.J. Hawk, Anthony Schlegel & Bobby Carpenter, DT David Patterson, RE Mike Kudla). Even with losing Kudla & Patterson, my DL was arguably the best in the nation with DE's Jay Richardson (91) & Vernon Gholston (91), and DT's Quinn Pitcock's (95) & Brandon Maupin (87) - nothing penetrated the line all season. My LB's were stout with 2004 super recruit Marcus Freeman weighing in at 90 overall, Indiana University transfer John Kerr at 95 and true freshman Anthony Turner (84) in the middle. My secondary was about as balanced on age as you could get, as CB's Donte Whitner (99) & Ashton Youboty (95) were both seniors, paving the learning path for freshman FS Chad Henry (84) & sophomore SS Nick Patterson (86).

As crazy as it sounds, I lost 7 defensive starters and had a better rated unit the next season. I went from year #1 of having an 'A' defense to having an 'A+'. With Troy Smith now as a 91 and bordering on respectability in THA, I was able to produce a phenomenal season offensively. Erik Haw destroyed opposing defenses with my run-favored sliders and a much better offensive line in route to a Heisman trophy and several school records, Santonio Holmes and Ted Ginn both topped 1,000 yards receiving, and even backup HB Maurice Wells managed to tote the rock for 400 yards and 4 TD's.

I beefed up the CPU offense considerably this season because I felt I was a little too dominant defensively, but it's hard gauging that with an 'A' rated defense. In my first season I was defeated 3 times by stout defensive play and 2 great teams (Michigan & Texas), but I raised offensive sliders for them anyway. Remember, I'm a majority online player and I try not to deviate my offensive sliders too much as I want gameplay to be as close to online as possible. Sliders:

Offense - 9DzGuBUO
Defense - rFDxiQL2
Special - QsJqAo82

Anyway, some notes. Again I post these mostly for my own use - I like to look 'em up down the line, but I know the few dynasty guys out there always like viewing over someone else's shit too.

Ohio State Buckeyes, 12-0 (8-0)
2006 ADT National Champions

#2 Boise State (11-1): 3 vs #1 Ohio State (11-0): 45

Final Standings
1. Ohio State (61) 12-0
2. Texas Tech 10-2
3. Florida State 12-1
4. USC 10-2
5. Miami 11-2
6. NC State 9-3
7. Notre Dame 10-2
8. Illinois 10-2
9. Boise State 11-2
10. Iowa 9-3

My Sick-List of Accolades
RT Kirk Barton - 2nd Team All-Big 10 (18 pancakes, 3 sks all)
LT Alex Boone - 1st Team All-Big 10 (19 pancakes, 2 sks all)
G Doug Datish - Best OL, 1st Team AA (23 pancakes)
OLB Marcus Freeman - #4 for Bednarik, #5 for Best LB, 1st Team All-Big 10 (61 tkls, 21 tfl, sk, 4 int, 2 ff)
WR Ted Ginn - #3 for Best WR, 1st Team All-Big 10 (36 rec, 1036 yds, 10 td; 2 car, 32 yds)
HB Erik Haw - Heisman Trophy, Walker Award, Maxwell Award, Best RB, 1st Team AA, 1st Team All-Big 10 (233 car, 2287 yds, 27 td; 3 rec, 15 yds, td)
FS Chad Henry - Freshman AA, 1st Team All-Big 10 (38 tkls, 2 int, 2 ff)
WR Santonio Holmes - Best RET, 1st Team AA, 1st Team All-Big 10 (18 kr, 389 yds, 44 long; 44 pr, 870 yds, 84 long, 6 td)
Coach Biron Marshall - #4 for Best Coach (12-0)
G Kyle Mitchell - 2nd Team AA, 1st Team All-Big 10 (14 pancakes)
SS Nick Patterson - 1st Team All-Big 10 (39 tkls, 2 tfl, sk, int, ff)
DE Jay Richardson - 1st Team All-Big 10 (32 tkls, 22 tfl, 11 sks)
K Michael Smith - #2 for Groza, 2nd Team AA, Freshman AA, 1st Team All-Big 10 (16-21, 50 long, 69-69 xp)
P A.J. Trapasso - #2 for Best P, 1st Team All-Big 10 (20 punts, 46.9 avg, 7 inside 20)
CB Paul Wayne - 2nd Team All-Big 10 (24 tkls, tfl, 2 int, td)

Offseason:
LE Alex Barrow - 76 ovr, SO (RS), Transfer (NIU)
CB Brandon Underwood - 78 ovr, SO (RS), Transfer (MSU)
HB Maurice Wells - 84 ovr, SO, Transfer (Navy)
G Kyle Mitchell - 90 ovr, SO (RS), Pro Draft

So my Buckeyes ('A' Overall, 'A-' Offense, 'A+' Defense) took on Boise State ('B' Overall, 'B+' Offense, 'B-" Defense) for the national title. They could've placed my trophy in my profile after the Michigan game.

Maurice Wells transferred out on me, making him the 2nd RB to leave in as many seasons. If you remember, Antonio Pittman left last season after gaining some 400 yards on the ground and a handful of TD's for Maryland, where he's currently an 88 OVR Junior waiting out his transfer year. Wells will make a nice fit at Navy, taking Florida speed to a team that will definitely make very good use of that. But I mean hey, ain't my fault Erik Haw was a 95 OVR last season with 94 SPD and 94 BRK - dude is a beast, ain't gonna be anymore splitting carries. I let my backups play the 4th quarter on large wins in order to raise attributes during the season (great addition, EA), but I ain't benching Haw for a series just to get someone else some touches. This season will see '06 #1 HB recruit Victor Yancey backing up Haw (now a Jr.), and I'm hoping to maybe get him more yards then the ever-so magic "400" that has caused both my backups to leave in consecutive years.

Offensive Line rewards are retarded; no way Doug Datish deserved that.

Frank Solich won the Coach of the Year award over me, leading Ohio to an 11-2 season. Things could get interesting on the recruiting trail soon if I don't adopt some recruiting rules real soon.

My schedule is all fucked up. NCAA added a game vs Auburn after the Michigan game this year, which is a level of blasphemy untouched in prior additions. You can't delete the game either, as both Swade and I have tried everything within the parameters of God's green Earth - but now that I tried getting out of it, I'm stuck with a home game vs Youngstown State to open the season...how lame is that?

Recruiting Class for '07: (9) 5 stars, (13) 4 stars, (3) 3 stars

Check that link out too - QB Joe McGinty is your typical EA stereotype...a 6' tall black man with mid-80's speed and a C+ accuracy throwing the ball. I somehow managed to recruit 7 OG's this season (ya I forgot to turn off recruiting assistance off again), but I cut the ones I didn't recruit myself. Some people like to recreate those players on their 2nd choices in order to keep the talent pool up, but I'm a lazy fuck who just puts down random shit on my blog about 'em. Anyway, check my FS recruit Travis Burnette out...

Ya, that's fuckin sick. Do you foresee a pass getting caught over 10 yards? Well, I do - cause SO (RS) FS Chad Henry is an 86 OVR and somehow the impact player on defense over Marcus Freeman...so Burnette's going to sit a year while he mulls over growing taller...or something. But damn, 4.35, strong as hell and 6' fucking 7.

Anyway, season #3 should be pretty fun with a new QB, 2 new WR's, 2 freshman G's, & 4 CB's with 99 SPD. My defense is still rated as an 'A' overall, so apparently they must think I still have what it takes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home