Sunday, August 21, 2005

Señor Pissypants

Anyone else so excited for football they about piss their pants waiting for preseason games?

The Sporting News gave the Buckeyes great remarks in their college football issue this year, predicting them as the Big 10 champions as a team and gave equal love across the board - Ted Ginn was a 1st team All-American at WR, A.J. Hawk at OLB & had Nate Salley as a 2nd team All-American at FS. When ranking the units, Ohio State received the distinction of the #1 Linebacking unit with Hawk, Bobby Carpenter and Anthony Schlegel & the #2 Secondary behind Texas with Ashton Youboty, Donte Whitner, Nate Salley and Tyler Everitt. Ginn, Hawk & Salley all received All-Big 10 honors as well, and Quinn Pitcock also received the same distinction as a DT along with Youboty at CB & Ginn at KR. Bottom line - it's gonna be a pretty fun year.

How much do you think I should spend trying to score tickets to Texas on September 10th?

The Bengals are 1-1 so far this preseason - which I know doesn't necessarily mean dick - but I think they've shown some definite sparks thus far. QB Carson Palmer currently rests with a pass completion percentage of less than 50%, however he has hit a wide array of targets thus far and he scrambled for 2 first downs against Washington of 11 and 12 yards on 2 separate 3rd downs. RB Rudi Johnson has ran really well in his limited playing time to date, and Chris Perry has looked fantastic in spelling Rudi later on the games. Perry is living up to his billing of having extremely soft hands and great quickness out of the backfield, something I don't think I ever witnessed when he played for that team up north (forgive me for not saying the name of the state).

Our WR's are going to be a handful - I mean, damn, how do you gameplan against us? Do you give up the long ball occasionally to concentrate on stopping Rudi and Perry, do you double team Chad to open up Warrick and Houshmandzadeh? Who do you match up defensively against physical specimens Kelley Washington & Chris Henry?

I dunno, I don't want to get into a personnel discussion for a little while longer, I'll wait until at least around the last preseason game before I come on here and boast about how and why we're going to the Super Bowl, giving the millions and millions of our readers some material to hang over my head come season's end.

In other related football news, there was some positive discussion last week about having an FM Madden franchise here online using the new EA Locker option as well as the potential for an NHL2K6 franchise as well, but of course for the first to happen that would require Swade to actually buy Madden and Teebee would have to post once a Haley's Comet cycle. Neither of which appear to be happening any time soon....

The Madden thing may not be an option with the recent glitch found, but I still think if it's just the 3 of us that we could look past it and have fun still. Teebs is heading out to Arizona for the fall league I think in October, so that kind of limits our time but it is still a possibility. I mean, you download your own version of the game and play your scheduled game, then drafts and whatnot - could be pretty fun. NHL 2K6 (9/6) and Blitz: The League (10/17) are due out here in the near future - so I'm definitely looking forward to playing an online league for the first time that's not entirely player-operated (recording stats, inputting games into Leaguedaddy - that stuff).

Anyway, I got a lot on my plate coming up this week with a few various side projects, softball, and the county fair ongoing here in my hometown. My wife works as a personnel director at a local factory in town, and as such she's in charge of handling donated money and whatnot - and during the fair, she's responsible for purchasing animals from the 4H-Club in auctions. Obviously she nor I have the first idea as to how much to pay for a chicken, a lamb or hog - but by god I guess we're going to learn. Oh, and I say "we" because "I" got volunteered to go along and help, so in turn "I" may turn out to expect "that" of which appears to the right of this paragraph....goat included (wife optional!).

3 Comments:

  • What I wouldn't do to have my very own gaggle of geese, save me a gaggle will ya Chuck?

    By Blogger Teebeebee, at 8:14 PM  

  • My wife is actually going with another person from the factory tonight to watch a lamb auction so she has an idea of what to expect tomorrow when she has to buy a chicken.

    Apparently, the lamb auction is the worst because every child in the sheep barn is balling their eyes out cause they're on their way to the slaughterhouse ~

    By Blogger bironm, at 11:39 AM  

  • WHY CAN'T I LIVE IN THE MIDWEST :(

    Slaughterhouses=fun

    By Blogger Teebeebee, at 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home