Friday, August 05, 2005

So what can a...

...27 year old with an engineering degree get a job doing in the sports world? I start my attempt at an article with that because honestly, I really don't have shit to contribute to the site. I mean, in actuality all my posts start out like that because I have that god-given ability to turn simple musings into novels - note I don't label them "best-selling", but nonetheless I can write on about it forever...not that I ramble on or draw out sentences or stories longer than what they really actually should be. I mean if I did people would tell me, and I very seldom hear a complaint about my stories.

Anyway, ya, my wife hates her job, wants out of the small town we live in and I instantly take the opportunity to start scoping out jobs in my dream career organizations. At the moment, I've seen "Concessions Attendant" at Nationwide Arena in Columbus and what appears to be a groundskeeper crew position at Paul Brown - I'd have to say the latter sounds more entertaining, but I'm not even sure Bengal football could talk me into landscaping for the rest of my life.

Ok, I would landscape to say I work for the Bengals, and yes I did submit my resume for it. Fuck off.

Madden launches Tuesday, gotta say I'm tickled about that. Finally I'll be able to hang out at home and not answer 18,000 questions on AIM about it. I don't mind (much), and I want to help everyone out, but jesus it's crazy - especially with running the NCAA forum at the same time as reviewing Madden for the what appears to be a quadrupled number of interested people then were in NCAA pre-launch.

I did see Swade kinda ask what was the big deal with Maria Sharapova, and in my quest to find some quality pics I came across a nice image post on the forums of the maria-sharapova.org website. Check 'em out here - won't be disappointed.

...and did anyone see her at the ESPY's? I mean jesus tapdancing christ ~

I've begun trying to make heads and tails out of the NHL at this point, but I was having some serious problems figuring out who the hell was where - so I made a chart. Yes, I'm the fag that enjoys minor projects every once in a while to keep the skills sharp or at least say I used them. Anyway, if anything's wrong on the list, be sure and post and lemme know - this is good for at least 3 days till I get tired of keeping it. Download it here.

Oh and the people waiting on the fantasy football list - I haven't forgotten, just not a lot of time with NCAA and Madden dropping within close range of each other. Last year I didn't get Madden until release day, this year it came early and took my fantasy time away. I'll get that list put out next week, and I'll again take your donations (I've never gotten a donation) for my work (although I have gotten dinner out of it). As some of you know, I'm the biggest thing to hit the fantasy scene since John Holmes and his 13" cock, and my yearly draft lists end up spelling great results to even the most unknowledgeable fantasy football players.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home