Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Make It Five

You could actually argue 4 here because of Ray Lewis, but let's face it - he's not the best MLB on the planet anymore just 2 years removed from his Madden cover appearance.

I don't think I need to give background, but if you need it - here you go.

Now onto this season. Donovan McNabb suffers a sports hernia in week #1, the target capable of taking them to the Super Bowl and helping McNabb win an MVP award is suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team, and over the lack of targets and run game - McNabb has thrown 9 picks in 9 games, which unfortunately is more than he threw all of last year.

Now, McNabb is about to go under the knife to repair his injury and subsequently miss the remainder of the season. It's a horrible thing to happen to one of the league's great ambassadors, but if you didn't believe in the Madden Curse to date - it's never too late to wisen up.

I sure hope to hell Chad Johnson isn't on his way there, but my limited understanding of advertising logic is telling me that EA will attempt to market someone exactly like him into the role of the cover person. See, and you thought I was a synical bastard for posting about this all the time - I have my reasons for wishing the curse wasn't true.

2 Comments:

  • Peyton was actually on an Xbox launch title for the NFL Fever franchise. Remember?

    "Your defense is offensive."

    NCAA though, now that's diversity. Desmond Howard (WR, black), Carson Palmer (QB, white), Joey Harrington (QB, white), Chris Weinke (ok I lied, not diverse) and Shaun Alexander (HB, black).

    But ya, Madden - George, Culpepper, Faulk, Vick, Lewis & McNabb.

    By Blogger bironm, at 3:47 PM  

  • Come to think of it, I did replace my Carson Palmer cover with Maurice Clarett on NCAA 2004 - interesting what's happened to both their careers since...

    By Blogger bironm, at 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home