Monday, August 22, 2005

Reality Check

I know we all are selfish, carnal people that only care about our next lay, meal or game of NCAA that night while our wives sleep off a good pounding. Out of the blue though, sometimes things just blindside us. Enter Thomas Herrion.

I'm caught up in a busy as shit schedule, mainly its sitting around making sure runs are unearned or earned but still, it takes up a majority of my time, so I'm not that aware of what's going on in the world of sports other than MLB and MILB so it came as a surprise last night when I logged on and saw that Thomas Herrion collapsed and died late Saturday night.

Mind you, I'm the type of football fan that has no clue most the time what makes a good O-lineman or who the Lineman are half the time. Most of the time they don't matter to me much, but Herrion was a f'n stud. Team captain of my alma matar University of Utah, this guy was hilarious. Every piece ESPN ran of the Utes, invariably Thomas Herrion had a part in it, I remember one in particular of Rod Gilmore trying to get by Herrion and Thomas showing how he blocks a blitz. Not the deepest of stuff but Thomas smiling on national tv, dreds sprouting from his dome just made you think this was a good good guy.

From everything I've read, his teammates loved the guy, a great teammate, a funny guy and someone that had your back at all times. Noone knows why people like him die suddenly while people that murder, swill booze and run over children and other people deemed evil by christian ideals live, but its all in the master plan.

I'll leave it at that, I didn't know Thomas Herrion but I was a big fan of him, its too bad more people won't have the chance to join the club. RIP TH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home