Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Made my day...

Out of the blue this morning, my wife calls me at work. Amidst chatter ongoing in the background of the phone, she comes right out and asks, "hey, how much beer is in a keg?"

I'm initially excited as to what we're doing, but turns out this is business. Dumbfounded, I answer her, "16 gallons, a pony keg would be 8."

Anyway, I grab my college conversion sheet out that spans about 6 pages of every conversion factor known to man, typed up in about 6pt font and go on to answer her second question in how many ounces are in a gallon - 128. Her next question is how many ounces is a can of beer (12), eventually flat out asking how many cans of beer would be in a keg - 171.

"Okay thanks!" she replies, and hangs up.

After thinking about it a short while, I figured it all out. My wife, in a meeting at work with a committee for whatever's currently in the process of being planned, is deciding how much beer to have at this party. Unbeknownst as to how much beer she would need to cover some 600 employees, she says to everyone, "hold on, I'll call my husband."

The meeting waits as my secretary says across the room, "it's your wife on line #1."

That's my girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home